- Your privacy is of utmost importance to us. We do not sell your data to any third parties
- We understand that the data you share with us may be highly sensitive. We collect, store and process your data in line with stringent information security practices and aim to adhere to a very high standard of data protection.
The information we collect:
The information we collect and the legal bases for its collection and processing are as follows.
- In creating an account for you we will have asked for your email address. We may use this or any other contact information you may choose to provide us with so we can better respond to your support requests and comments, and/or contact you from time to time to ensure we provide you with the best possible service. If you email us, we may keep your message, email address and contact information to respond to your request and solve any problems in the Services. The legal basis for doing so is to protect our legitimate interest to provide non-marketing communications regarding products or customer-service related issues.
- We may use your contact information from time to time to send you marketing information relating to our products or to products that we sell on our website. We require your consent to do so, which we explicitly ask for during the sign-up process. You may withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing from our emails. Please note this does not unsubscribe you from important product-related communications which we may need to send to fulfil orders, update legal terms, and other non-marketing items.
- You can choose to add events to the Huddersfield Jazz Guitar Society website. If you choose to use these features, Huddersfield Jazz Guitar Society will access and store this information in accordance with your permissions. By submitting such content, you confirm that you have the authority to use and share such information. The legal basis for doing so is to protect our legitimate interest to improve your website experience and personalise the Services for you.
- Where you choose to pay directly within the Huddersfield Jazz Guitar Society website, you provide payment information such as your payment card or other payment details. We use Payment Card Industry compliant third-party payment services and do not store your credit card information.
- Where you place orders directly within the Huddersfield Jazz Guitar Society website, you provide order information, address information, and any other relevant details. We pass this information on to industry standard processing providers – Shopify and WooCommerce. We store your order data to solve any user query or support request that may arise from an unfulfilled order, in collaboration with the vendor. This data is not passed on to any other entity and is stored securely in our databases. The legal basis for processing this data is our legitimate interest in providing you with our Services including completion of your orders and customer support services.
Third-Parties and Affiliates: Huddersfield Jazz Guitar Society uses a variety of third-party services to help provide our Services, such as tracking apps, third-party blogs, and hosting, and to help us understand and improve the use of our services, such as Google Analytics. These third-party service providers may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP address.
Goods and Services: If you purchase goods or services directly on Huddersfield Jazz Guitar Society, we will fulfil your order using your name, email address, shipping address, date puchased and order details to facilitate order fulfilment and dispute resolution and to help prevent, detect and investigate fraud or other prohibited activities.
Links: Our Services may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our Services, you should note that we do not have any control over that website. Therefore we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Modifying Your Personal Information: If you are a registered user of our Services, we provide you with tools in your account settings to access or modify the personal information you provided to us and associated with your account.
How we protect your information: We take several measures to safeguard the collection, transmission and storage of data we collect. Although we strive to employ reasonable protections for your information that are appropriate to its sensitivity, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of the information you share with us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content. No system is 100% secure. Our Services uses industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of personal information. Huddersfield Jazz Guitar Society follows stringent information security management systems protocols. We engage a company that is an industry leader in secure payments technology and compliance with the highest security standards of the Payment Cards Industry without storing any payments data ourselves. We have numerous other information security management systems in place to protect your information from damage or loss.
Disclaimer: While we continue to work hard to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, and Huddersfield Jazz Guitar Society cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Transmitting personal information is done at your own risk.
Managing your settings: Below is a list of settings you can actively manage to control your privacy.
- Updating account information: You may correct, amend or update profile or account information that is inaccurate at any time by adjusting that information in your account settings.
- Deleting information and accounts: You may request that your account is deleted by visiting your settings. Once deleted, your data, including your account, purchases, cannot be reinstated. Note that content you have submitted may also remain visible after you have deleted your account or deleted the information from your own profile. If it was visible to start with, then personally identifiable information in content you have uploaded may be displayed in search engine results until the search engine refreshes its cache. Logs of deletion of your user ID will be retained as we are required to keep a record.
EU Members’ Rights: European Union residents have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict an object to the certain processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited circumstances. We describe these rights below:
- Access and porting: You can access much of your information by logging into your account. You can also request a copy of your data by contacting us by email at email@example.com
- Rectify, restrict, limit, delete: You can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your account information by logging into your account. You can also delete your account altogether by visiting settings. Please note that once deleted your account or its associated information cannot be reinstated.
- Object: Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons. To raise an objection you will have to fill a form in your account settings which we will review and respond to.
- Revoke consent: Where you have previously provided your consent, such as to permit us to send you marketing emails, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time. You can do so by unsubscribing to our marketing email. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent if we have a legal basis to do so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
- Complain: Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/.
Transfers: The Services are operated from the United Kingdom. If you are located outside of the United Kingdom and choose to use the Services or provide information to us, you acknowledge and understand that your information will be transferred, processed and stored in the United Kingdom, as it is necessary for us to provide the Services.
Retention of Information: We retain information as long as it is necessary to provide the Services to you and others, subject to any legal obligations to further retain such information. The information associated with your account will generally be kept until it is no longer necessary to provide the Services or until you ask us to delete it or your account is deleted whichever comes first.